Wednesday, November 15, 2006

If Only.....


> As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girl
> next to me. She was
> my so called 'best friend'. I stared at her long,
> silky hair, and wished she was mine. But she
> didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. After
class,
> she
> walked up to me and asked me for the notes she
> had missed the day
> before. I handed them to her. She said 'thanks'
and
> gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I
> want her to know that I dont want to be just
> friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I dont
> know why.
> 11th grade, the phone rang. On the other end, it
> was
> her. She was in tears, mumbling on and on
about
> how her love had broke her heart. She asked me
to
> come over because she didn't want to be
> alone, so I did. As
> I sat next to her on the sofa, I stared at her soft
> eyes, wishing she was mine. After 2 hours, one
> Drew Barrymore movie, and three bags of chips,
> she decided to go to sleep. She looked at me,
> said 'thanks' and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I
> want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't
want
> to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy,
> and I dont know why.
> Senior year, The day before prom she walked to
> my locker. "My date is sick"; she said, hes not
> gonna go" well, I didn't have a date, and in
> 7th grade, we made a promise that if neither of
us
> had dates, we would go together- just as 'best
> friends'. So we did. Prom night, after everything
> was over, I was standing at her front door step. I
> stared at her as she smiled at me and stared at
> me with her crystal eyes. I want her to be mine,
> but she doesn't think of me like that, and I know
it.
> Then she said- "I had the best time, thanks!" and
> gave me a kiss on
> the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know
that
> I dont want to
> be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy,
and I
> don't know why.
> A day passed, then a week, then a month.
> Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I
> watched as her perfect body floated like an angel
> up on stage to get her diploma. I wanted her to
be
> mine- but she didn't notice me like that, and I
knew
> it. Before everyone went home, she came to me
in
> her smock and hat, and cried as I hugged her.
> Then she lifted her head from my shoulder and
said-
> 'you're my best friend, thanks' and gave me a
kiss
> on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to
know
> that I dont want to be just friends, I love her but
I'm
> just too shy, and don't know why.
> Now I sit in the pews of the church. That girl is
> getting married. That girl is getting married now.
I
> watched her say 'I do' and drive off to her new
life,
> married to another man. I wanted
> her to be mine, but she didn't see me like that,
> and I knew it. But before she drove away, she
> came to me and said 'you came! She
said 'thanks'
> and kissed me on the cheek. I want to tell her, I
> want her to know that I dont want to be just
> friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I
don't
> know why.
> Years passed, I looked down at the coffin of a
girl
> who used to be my 'best friend'. At the service,
> they read a diary entry she had wrote
> in her high school years. This is what it read:
> "...I stare at him wishing he was mine; but he
> doesn't notice me like that, and I know it. I want
to
> tell him, I want him to know that I don't want to
be
> just friends, I love him but I'm just too shy, and I
> don't know why.
> I wish he would tell me he loved me!... 'I wish I
did
> too...' I thought to myself, and I cried.


>

> DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR; TELL HER/HIM THAT
> YOU LOVE THEM. EVEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW
> HOW THEY'LL REACT JUST LET THEM KNOW
> HOW YOU 'REALLY' FEEL ABOUT THEM. THEY
> WONT BE THERE FOREVER...
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home